Monday, January 7, 2008

Things I Think I Think

I stole this title from a sportswriter, so what, want to fight about it? Here are some quick thoughts since I haven’t posted in a while.

I think I’m jumping on the Barack Obama bandwagon and I think you should too. He says the right things (mostly), but more than that he makes people believe in those things, makes them believe that change is possible and maybe even want to get off the couch and be a part of it. Check out his Iowa victory speech. Some media outlets have blown in out of proportion (of course) but they’re not that far off when they call it “Kennedy-esque.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqoFwZUp5vc

I think he makes me want to believe in this country again.

I think that Barack Obama voting for the border fence, was a bonehead mistake and he should admit it as such.

I think Hilary is going down. All the way down, down to Chinatown. And rightly so. Does anybody actually want the history books to read Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton? I mean, our great, great grandchildren will think we were boring, unimaginative, indecisive people.

I think watching the Republicans debate is a great reminder of how important it is to change directions this year. I mean, these guys are INSANE. Rudy Giuliani actually said that Islamic terrorism has absolutely nothing to do with American foreign policy! And don’t get me started on Mitt Romney. For Mitt please refer to:

www.anyonebutromneyin08.blogspot.com

I think if you vote Republican, please, please, please vote for Ron Paul. He might be as crazy as the rest of them but at least he’s not going to start world war III.

I think thieves who break car windows and not take anything are really half-assing the job. I mean, if it was really worth ruining my day, if you were really so desperate, you would have cleaned me out and not been scared away so easily. Piss-poor attempt at being a crook, really pathetic!

I think it’s easy to be cynical. And difficult to remember how to spell that word. Took me three tries and then I needed a spell check. Now, if I only had a word tool that could so easily fix my outlook on life once in a while.

I think it’s hard to be optimistic. But I think it’s worth it in the long run. That’s the silly thing about faith, you never really find out if it was worth it because it’s not something with a clear end-result.

I think Spanish should be a required language starting in elementary school in the U.S. and Chinese should be offered as early as middle school. Trigonometry might not be that important as an eleventh grader, but being able to communicate with a vastly changing world is for everyone.

I think study abroad should be required at a high school level for all Americans.

I think if the Chinese don’t clean up the pollution in Beijing wicked fast there should be a massive boycott of the summer Olympics.

I think CNN (and the like) should spend more time on what’s going on in Kenya, Pakistan, Somalia and Bhutan (to name a few) and less time on missing hikers and Britney Spears (for the love of God, leave the poor woman alone!!!).

I think I have this to say regarding the writer’s strike: get over it you greedy, selfish white men (not that there aren’t greedy, selfish minorities involved as well because, of course, there are. But they are still the minority even amongst Hollywood’s elite). Some of us need to work. This is not just about writers and studio execs. This is about grips and gaffers, best boys and leadmen, directors assistants, camera assistants, all sorts of assistants, hair and make-up artists, set decorators and costume designers and a whole industry of union workers who work too hard and get paid too much. Except for the poor, underappreciated (to say the least) PAs. Think of the production assistants. For the love of Good God Tom Cruise, think of the PAs.

I think, no seriously, we may all be aliens (I certainly am) but scientology is f-ing stupid. It’s the biggest scam set on mankind since Jesus rose from the grave and ascended to heaven (without us, jerk!).

I think it is my life’s goal to get a photo with the Dalai Lama with both of us dropping the shocker.

No comments: